Hello all Red Belts and above!
Please find info below about Area Training Sessions.
This will be done this Saturday 8th May via zoom.
It is free.
Please try and attend if you can.
It is not compulsory but will give you a better idea of what is required for your next grading.
The info below is provided by Grandmaster Walton
Zoom Session details
- Meeting ID – 457 752 4412
- Password – 818272
1st and 2nd Kups
- 09.00 – waiting room opens
- 09.15 until 10.30 – Session
- 10.31 – Waiting room opens
- 10.45 until 12.00 – Session
Black belt grading
Please remember the current black belt routine is:
- Theory 6 questions
- 1. Pattern interpretation
- 2. TKD historical dates
- 3. How has COVID impacted you
- 4/5/6 Anything from the syllabus.
- Breaking – Black belts only
- Floor work
- Patterns –
- Choice of Do San or Won Hyo
- Yul Gok
- Choice pattern – Not one you have done previously or Choong Moo
- Do not pick a high pattern that is not perfect
- Chon Ji/Dan Gun carry the same marks as Chun Gun or Toi Gye which have more difficult moves
- DO NOT SHOW THE EXAMINER WHAT YOU CANNOT DO!
- Choong Moo
- All pre arranged sparring done in line work fashion.
- 3 STEP 7-10 (one set of attacks then defences only – repeat).
- 2 STEP 5-8 (Attack and defence – repeat).
- 1 STEP (One right and left punches then your choice of defence and counters.
- SHADOW FREE SPARRING: HANDS – LEGS – HANDS AND LEGS
Any questions please let me know.